Recently, Applied Marketing Science (AMS) Vice Chairman Gerry Katz was featured in an episode of "The Everyday Innovator Podcast for Product Managers". In the podcast, Gerry and Chad McAllister (host) discuss market research rookie mistakes that product managers must avoid.
Some of these common mistakes include:
- Confusing qualitative with quantitative research.
- Talking to the wrong customers.
- Asking customers what they want.
- Not separating needs from solutions to needs.
- Translating customer vernacular into company-speak.
- Hearing only what you want to hear.
To learn more about each concept mentioned above, you can listen to The Everyday Innovator podcast here.
Interested in learning more about better understanding your customers? You can join Applied Marketing Science (AMS) for the next open-enrollment session of “Listening to the Voice of the Customer,” our acclaimed training workshop, on October 10-11, 2018 at the Sheraton Boston Hotel located in the heart of Chicago. Led by veteran product development and market research experts, Gerry Katz (AMS Vice Chairman), and John Burns (AMS Principal), this course will introduce Voice of the Customer market research and teach you to use it to accelerate innovation in business-to-business markets.