Recently, Applied Marketing Science (AMS) Vice Chairman Gerry Katz was featured in an episode of "The Everyday Innovator Podcast for Product Managers". In the podcast, Gerry and Chad McAllister (host) discuss market research rookie mistakes that product managers must avoid.
Some of these common mistakes include:
- Confusing qualitative with quantitative research.
- Talking to the wrong customers.
- Asking customers what they want.
- Not separating needs from solutions to needs.
- Translating customer vernacular into company-speak.
- Hearing only what you want to hear.
To learn more about each concept mentioned above, you can listen to The Everyday Innovator podcast here.